Microblading in Jackson MS - Everlasting Brows Specialist
The Licensed Aestheticians at Faces provide microblading eyebrow procedures for the residents of Jackson and surrounding communities in Mississippi.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing technique that is used to improve and define the eyebrows. It has been popular in Europe and parts of Asia for roughly 25 years, and its popularity has soared in the United States just in the past couple of years. .
Whether you need to fill in gaps of lost hair, extend the brow's tail, darken the existing brow line, or fully reconstruct the brow, microblading is the answer --and it's the hottest new trend in the beauty industry!
How does microblading work?
The process involves a skilled Everlasting Brows technician utilizing a microblade (a hand tool equipped with a grouping of tiny needles) to create fine, hair-like incisions into the superficial layers of the dermis, while depositing pigment into the skin. Both the shape of your new brow as well as the pigment color will be perfected before the process begins.
The result is a beautiful, natural-looking brow that, with proper care, can last 18-24 months. The design is waterproof, smudge proof, and looks completely natural, with this technique we are able to achieve fullness and shape, by mimicking hair where no hair existed previously.
Is microblading right for you?
It has become common knowledge throughout the cosmetic, beauty and fashion communities that the eyebrows are one of the (if not the) most important facial features. Eyebrows display expression and also frame our face.
You may be a good candidate for an Everlasting Brows microblading procedure if:
- You have thin or very little hair in the eyebrow area.
- You are losing brow hair as you age.
- Your hair no longer grows in the eyebrow area.
- You have a medical condition that has caused hair loss.
- You wish to fill in gaps or thin areas and spend less time with eyebrow cosmetics.
- Your hair is naturally very light, and you would like to darken your eyebrows.
- You unsatisfied with how your eyebrows look, and you want to have them restructured.
Before Your Microblading Appointment
To ensure your skin is in the best condition for an amazing microblading procedure at Faces, please adhere to the following guidelines in the days leading up to your appointment.
- You should not work out the day of the procedure, the body heat you generate will expand the pores.
- Avoid heavy exposure to sunlight beginning 3 days prior to the procedure. Your skin should be healthy during the microblading procedure, not in the process of healing.
- Refrain from drinking coffee or caffeinated products the day of your microblading procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Ibuprofen or omega-3, unless medically necessary, for 2-3 days prior to the procedure.
- You may take Tylenol or acetaminophen.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of the procedure, and
- Avoid skincare treatments such as Botox and other fillers, chemical peels and laser treatments within four weeks of the procedure:
Microblading post-care Instructions
Post-care for your microblading procedure is very important to the appearance, natural look and longevity of your new eyebrows. Do not let any water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch your new Everlasting Brows during the first 7 days after your procedure. 5-7 days after your procedure, clean your hands properly and gently apply the post-care ointment. This can be done at night time, but be sure to use the ointment sparingly as your skin needs time to heal itself. Continue to apply the ointment for 7 days.
avoid The Following for 2 weeks Following your procedure:
- Heavy sweating, Sports activities and swimming.
- Hot saunas, hot baths, and Jacuzzis
- Tanning the sun or salon
- UV/UVA Rays and chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Laser, chemical treatments and peelings, along with any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the face or neck.
- To avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment, do not pick, peel or scratch your microbladed eyebrows.
- Do not perform tasks related to heavy household cleaning that may stir up a lot of airborne debris.
- Avoid drinking alcohol in excess, as it may result in slow healing of your wounds.
- Do not drive open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles.
- Refrain from touching the eyebrow area, unless rinsing and applying the post-care cream.
- Wash your face carefully around your eyebrows without getting water on the treated area. During the shower, keep your face away from the showerhead or take a bath.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the eyebrows, please contact your Licensed Aesthetician at Faces immediately to discuss further instructions.